Friday, May 29, 2009

Artomatic 2009

I am participating in Artomatic for the first time this year. I didn't think I would be able to because of the timing of finishing up classes in Rochester. But as it turned out, I was able to come home just in time for installation, and got one of the last wall spaces. (I was the 1,044th artist!) On Sunday I went to Artomatic, got my wall space assignment and painted the wall. Tuesday I returned and hung 100 Soup Cans, After Warhol, an artist statement, a box for business card/comment book, and the vinyl lettering for my name. Then I volunteered from 5-10 that night. I spent 10 hours yesterday finishing my volunteer shifts (all artists have to contribute 15 hours of work). I did everything from manning the loading dock, to hanging signs, to moving tables. It's been a ton of work, but overall a great experience. Artomatic opens its doors today at noon, and will be open through July 5. See above post for more information. Come find my wall on the 5th floor, by the woman's restroom and the stairs. (In section 15)




No comments: