Friday, May 29, 2009

Spring Walk-Through

At the end of winter and spring quarters, the first year MFA grad students hang up their work in one of the many lighting studios in the RIT photo building. (I also photograph my still lifes in these lighting studios, so I spend quite a lot of time there.) Then, on the day of "Walk-Though," about 20 MFA faculty and invited guests come through each studio, in groups of 3-4, and stay for 30 minutes per group, to critique the work. It's intense, to say the least. But incredibly helpful and rewarding. The pictures below show the way in which my studio was set up for Walk-Through. The images were printed on Inkpress White Gloss Film, and were 30" in width. I fastened them to foam board just for Walk-Through, but plan to get cheap, ornate gold-colored frames for them. I also set up an actual still life, in which I placed cheap, processed foods, alongside organic produce and homemade breads and cream cheese. See above for details and video.


No comments: