Saturday, April 10, 2010

ArtAwake 2010

I just got back from the very eclectic ArtAwake event in downtown Rochester. The former First National Bank was transformed into a venue packed with food, music, and lots of art. All in all, it was really nice to see so many people coming together for the sake of art and community. Here's my documentation of the artwork up by myself and two of my classmates in the RIT MFA photo program.

Nick Marshall had a series of four images up. It's difficult to tell exactly what the piece looks like from my photo, because the work is so highly reflective.

Fiona Wilson had three images up from her series Macy Parade. Here's Buzz Lightyear!


And here are two images from my thesis project, Slow & Steady. The first is Turnips, Mud Creek Farm. The second is Earth Beds, South Wedge Community Garden.


Thanks to University of Rochester students for pulling off such a successful event!

No comments: